Car accidents can turn a regular day into one of confusion, pain, and stress. From property damage to physical injuries, the aftermath can be overwhelming. MLG Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers understand the weight of these situations. Serving Orange County, our expert car accident attorneys offer compassion, experience, and a commitment to help victims find justice.
We have worked with people involved in motor vehicle accidents. If you have suffered car accident injuries, be sure to see a doctor as soon as possible. Then, schedule a consultation with our Orange County car accident lawyers to discuss your personal injury claim. We can pursue car accident compensation on your behalf.
Give us a call to discuss your personal injury case. We can pursue damages for your medical bills and serious injuries.
SEEK HELP FROM AN EXPERIENCED ORANGE COUNTY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Being in a car accident is more than just physical pain; it’s a maze of procedures, claims, and legalities. With the right attorney, this complex journey becomes more manageable. Our team at MLG Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers is here to guide you at each critical step, ensuring you receive the support and compensation you deserve. Some of the ways that a personal injury lawyer from our team can help you after an auto accident include:
- Initial Case Assessment and Consultation: Our first meeting focuses on understanding your situation. We discuss the accident details and begin strategizing the best course of action. We will review the accident scene and collect the facts.
- Gathering Evidence (Accident Reports, Witness Statements, Photos, Etc.): Solid evidence builds strong cases. Our team collects critical documents, talks to witnesses, and gathers accident site photos to support your claim. This is a crucial element of car accident cases.
- Communication With Insurance Companies: Insurance companies can be tricky. We handle all communications, ensuring your interests remain protected.
- Negotiating Settlements: We try to get you a fair settlement before any court action. We push for the best outcome using our legal knowledge and your case’s evidence.
- Filing a Lawsuit and Representing in Court if Necessary: We’re ready to take the fight to court if negotiations stall. Our attorneys will represent you, ensuring your voice gets heard.
With guidance, car accident victims can move past the trauma and towards recovery. Let MLG Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers be your guide, standing with you every step of the way. We can help you with your car accident claim by discussing your situation with the insurance company. We can file a personal injury lawsuit for your motor vehicle accident as well.
STATISTICS ON CAR ACCIDENTS IN ORANGE COUNTY
Orange County sees a high volume of traffic daily. Sadly, this means car accidents are a frequent occurrence. Every year, thousands suffer injuries or lose their lives on these roads. Understanding these statistics can underline the importance of safe driving and the right legal representation.
CALIFORNIA CAR ACCIDENT LAWS & REGULATION
California has specific rules and guidelines surrounding car accidents. Being aware of these can shape your claim and ensure you adhere to legal requirements.
Deadlines for Filing Claims
In California, you typically have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit. Missing this window can result in losing your right to seek compensation. Always consult with an attorney promptly to ensure timely action.
Requirements for Proving Liability
Proving another driver’s negligence caused the accident is key. This involves showing they failed in their duty to drive safely, and their failure led directly to your injuries. Gathering ample evidence and witness testimonies can strengthen this claim.
Comparative Fault Laws
California follows the comparative fault rule. If you’re partly at fault for the accident, your compensation gets reduced by your fault percentage. For example, if you are found to be 20% at fault, you’ll receive 80% of the damages.
COMMON CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN ORANGE COUNTY
Orange County’s roads are busy, and several factors contribute to accidents. Recognizing these can increase awareness and safety.
- Distracted Driving: Texting or calling while driving makes it hard for drivers to keep their eyes on the road. This can lead to a serious accident.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit increases accident risks. It reduces the time drivers have to react to changing road conditions.
- Drunk Driving: Alcohol impairs judgment and reflexes. It can also cause people to fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Weather Conditions: Wet roads from rain can lead to slippery surfaces and accidents. A lack of light can also impair visibility.
- Running Red Lights: Ignoring traffic signals can lead to a T-bone accident in a busy intersection.
- Tailgating: Not maintaining a safe distance can lead to rear-end collisions. Drivers should maintain one car length between them and the car in front of them for every 10 MPH of speed.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes or uneven roads can cause loss of vehicle control.
- Reckless Driving: Overtaking carelessly or switching lanes without signaling increases the risk of an accident.
Staying alert and understanding these causes can help prevent accidents and ensure road safety.
MOST COMMON INJURIES IN ORANGE COUNTY CAR ACCIDENTS
The repercussions of a motor vehicle collision can lead to a variety of injuries. Some are minor, but others can change lives forever.
- Whiplash: A sudden jolt can cause neck strain or sprain. This can make it hard for people to turn their heads from side to side.
- Concussions: The brain can suffer from sudden impacts. A concussion can also lead to long-term complications. Repeated concussions may lead to memory loss.
- Broken Bones: Common examples of bone fractures include risk factors, hip fractures, and compression fractures of the back.
- Cuts and Bruises: Shattered glass or impact can cause skin injuries. Some of these lacerations could even get infected.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Severe impacts can damage the spinal cord, leading to paralysis. Spinal cord injuries can also lead to chronic pain.
- Burns: From fires or engine heat, burns can be painful and long-lasting. Some burn injuries can lead to disfigurement.
- Internal Injuries: Organs might get damaged from the crash force. This could include the liver, spleen, or kidneys.
- PTSD: Psychological trauma can linger long after physical injuries heal. People with PTSD often get flashbacks to the time of the accident.
Immediate medical attention post-accident is essential, not only for health but also for legal documentation.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN ORANGE COUNTY, CA
The way cars collide can vary. Understanding these can help pinpoint causes and determine fault.
These occur when one car hits another from behind. Often a result of tailgating or distracted driving, they can lead to whiplash or spinal injuries.
A head-on collision is often severe. High speeds or wrong-way driving can result in devastating injuries or fatalities.
A car flipping onto its roof is called a rollover. High-speed turns, or tire blowouts can cause these, especially in taller vehicles.
Also known as “T-bone” accidents, one car’s front hits another’s side. They often occur at intersections and can lead to severe side injuries.
When a car leaves the roadway and crashes, it’s an off-road accident. Distractions, poor road conditions, or evading another vehicle might lead to these.
WHAT TO DO IMMEDIATELY AFTER AN ORANGE COUNTY CAR ACCIDENT
It can be confusing after a car crash has taken place. Remembering key steps ensures your safety and strengthens your potential claim.
- Stay at the Scene: Always remain at the scene of the accident. Wait for the police officers to arrive.
- Check for Injuries: Ensure you and others are okay. If not, call for medical assistance. Remember that not all injuries will cause symptoms right away.
- Notify the Police: Even for minor accidents, a police report can be valuable. If there is no police report, it may be like the accident never happened.
- Exchange Information: Collect all people’s names, addresses, and insurance details.
- Document the Scene: Take photos of damages, skid marks, and road conditions. These images and videos will serve as important evidence.
- Seek Medical Attention: Some injuries show up later. A doctor’s visit ensures your well-being and documents injuries. Even if you feel okay, you need to see a doctor.
By acting responsibly and diligently, you safeguard your health and legal rights.
DEALING WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES
Navigating insurance claims can be tricky. Companies aim to minimize payouts, but knowing your rights can make a difference.
- Always report the accident to your insurance, even if you’re not at fault. It’s crucial for record-keeping and potential claims.
- Be wary of early settlement offers. They might seem tempting but often don’t cover all expenses or injuries.
- Remember, insurance adjusters are not your friends. They aim to save their company money. Always consult with your attorney before making statements or accepting offers.
Car crashes are complicated. You might be in a hurry to pursue an insurance claim if you have suffered a car accident injury but do not do this alone. Instead, talk to our experienced Orange County car accident lawyer. A personal injury attorney in our office can make sure you get a fair settlement offer.
Do not let the insurance company take advantage of you. Give us a call to schedule a case consultation. Let us ensure your rights are protected, and your voice is heard.
RECOVERABLE DAMAGES IN A MURRAY CAR ACCIDENT CASE
After an accident, understanding the compensation you can claim is vital. Different damages can be recovered based on the injury’s impact. A few examples of common damages we pursue following auto accidents include:
- Medical Expenses: You may have several medical costs following an accident, ranging from immediate hospital care to follow-up appointments and prescribed medications. These financial burdens, however unexpected, can be claimed as part of your compensation package.
- Lost Earnings: Injuries might force you to take time off work, causing a loss in your regular income. While this can be distressing, it’s important to remember that the wages you’ve lost because of the accident can be reclaimed.
- Property Damage: Accidents can severely damage or even total your vehicle. Such incidents bring about significant repair bills or the cost of acquiring a new car, but these can be included in your compensation request.
- Rehabilitation: Recovery from a car accident might necessitate extensive physical or occupational therapy. Though these sessions can be expensive, their costs can be part of your claim, ensuring you get the best recovery possible.
- Future Medical Costs: Some injuries result in prolonged medical needs, requiring treatments that extend well into the future. Though hard to stomach, these anticipated costs can be factored into your compensation so you’re not burdened down the road.
- Pain and Suffering: Beyond the immediate physical injuries, car accidents impose a great deal of physical pain and discomfort on victims. Although putting a price on this suffering is challenging, the legal system recognizes its significance and allows victims to claim this intangible damage.
- Emotional Distress: Many victims of car crashes experience severe emotional and psychological challenges like anxiety, depression, or PTSD. Recognizing the profound impact of these feelings, the law enables victims to seek compensation for their emotional ordeal.
- Loss of Enjoyment: Injuries can prevent you from partaking in activities or hobbies you once loved, robbing you of the joy they brought. This loss, while non-tangible, is a valid and compensable damage in the eyes of the law.
- Loss of Companionship: Serious accidents can strain relationships, leading to emotional distances or affecting marital relations. Often overlooked relational damages can be considered in your compensation claim to address the deeper emotional wounds.
- Disfigurement: Scars, amputations, or any lasting physical changes can be a consistent reminder of the collision, affecting self-esteem and daily life. Victims can seek compensation for these lasting changes, acknowledging their profound impact on an individual’s sense of self and well-being.
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE REVIEW WITH OUR ORANGE COUNTY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY AT MLG PERSONAL INJURY & ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Car accidents disrupt lives. At MLG Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers, our commitment is to rebuild what was lost. With years of experience, our attorneys dive deep into each case, ensuring victims in Orange County find their rightful compensation.
Don’t let an accident define your future. Reach out to us. Schedule a free case review with our experienced Orange County Car Accident Lawyer today, and let’s pave the path to recovery together.
Car Accident Infographic